Profile profile for cloughc
University of Maryland College Park, graduate work in American Studies and B.S. in Sociology
Lead and focus creative teams to accomplish a wide array of innovative outreach bringing historical insights to current day concerns.
- Produce public programs and outreach materials on American women's history and civic engagement.
- Smithsonian Emerging Leaders Development Program 2015.
- Conceptualized and coordinated creation of Women's History Resource Guides of the museum's wide range of online content covering women's histories from the early days of the United States to the present.
- Developed national and international partnerships for Raise It Up! Anthem for America (2014)
- Conceptualized and implemented Smithsonian-wide celebration for 100th anniversary of Girl Scouts USA (awarded 2012 Secretary's Award for Excellence for Collaboration)
- Conceptualized and implemented Visitor Experience Training Initiative, a Smithsonian-wide customer service staff development program
- Conceptualilzed and implemented "Visitors and the Museum Experience" staff development lecture series to spark innovative thinking about visitor engagement (awarded 2007 Smithsonian Unsung Hero Award)
- Initiated and co-produced ten annual NMAH Girl Scout Day events (awarded 2003 NMAH Peer Recognition Award)
- Co-produced "Crossroads" series of September 11: Bearing Witness to History public programs (awarded 2002 NMAH Peer Recognition Award)
- Project manager for Rock 'n' Soul: Social Crossroads (Memphis, TN) and This Is Your Childhood, Charlie Brown exhibitions
- Core team member for major permanent exhibitions, including Men & Women, Field to Factory, and After the Revolution
- Co-founder of Smithsonian Early Enrichment Center
- Co-founder of a children and arts non-profit organization
- American Alliance of Museums
- American Association for State and Local History
- Americans for the Arts