Profile profile for HemlinS
Serves as Deputy in the Department of Collections Management Services, Offsite Storage Manager, and Exhibition Deinstallation Coordinator for the Museum's Public Space Renewal Program.
- Currently manages exhibition deinstallation projects associated with the Museum's Public Space Renewal Program and the Offsite storage program
- Managed the analysis and decontamination of artifacts collected from the September 11 sites, consulted with outside agencies regarding the care, treatment and display of artifacts they had collected
- Managed the Building 17 artifact asbestos decontamination and relocation and building renovation project
- Co-authored "Access Denied: Asbestos Contamination As Catalyst And Hindrance To Collections Retrieval and Preservation," published in the AIC Journal, 2000
- Managed the relocation of the National Postal Museum collections from the National Museum of American History to the the current National Postal Museum site
- Delivered presentation at the 1994 Mid-Atlantic Association of Museums Annual Meeting, "Collecting, Care, and Documentation of Architectural Elements"
- As a part of an academic team, taught the storage component of "Practical Applications of Collections Management," a course offered by the George Washington University Graduate Program in Museum Studies.