Profile profile for randh
Ph.D., Harvard University, 1974 M.A.
Harvard University, 1971 B.A.
City College of New York, 1969
- Modern art
- Awarded Smithsonian Institution Research Opportunities Fund: 2009, 1995 (2), 1994, 1992 (2), 1991 (2), 1990, 1989 (2), 1988 (2), 1987, 1985
- Getty Foundation Curatorial Fellow, 2003
- Invited participant in the annual Davos Conference of the World Economic Forum, Davos, Switzerland, 1994
- Invited participant in the World Economic Forum meeting, Washington, May 1994
- Museum Committee of the College Art Association, 1992-95
- Awarded U. S. Patent No. 4,848,705 for the design of "Modular Space Vehicle for Deep Space Applications," 1989
- Elected Fellow (senior member), Explorers Club, New York, 1980
- American Council for Learned Societies' State Department Grant, for travel (through the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton), 1989
- Scholarly Studies Grant, Smithsonian Institution, 1987–96
- Rockefeller Foundation, Development Grant, 1982–83
- Smithsonian Institution Fluid Research Grant, 1983
- Andrew Mellon Postdoctoral Fellow in the Humanities, City University of New York Graduate Center, 1976–77
An article on the subject of treasure hunting vs. archaeology.